We remain in Phase 3 of the re-opening plan. A link to the Phase 3 guidance and recent Executive Orders can be found here: https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
Owners are reminded to use caution, wear face coverings, social distance and wash hands frequently.
Clean up continues on the mountain from the recent heavy rain event. Areas that suffered damage are being re-evaluated and improvements are being made. When driving, please be aware of the ongoing ditch and culvert work.
Labor Day Weekend marks the end of Summer and the end of pool season. The Chestnut Springs and Rodes Farm Pool will close at 6pm on Monday, September 7th.
While I am proud of our decision to operate pools rather than have them remain closed, it was not an easy Summer. Thanks to all for your support and understanding as we worked through the issues. If we are faced with a similar challenge in the future, this experience will serve us well. Like all of you, WPOA is ready for a return to normal.
The Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources (DWR) was onsite again yesterday to discuss recent bear activity and share new ideas on how to address our challenges. The Wintergreen Police Department is responding to bear entries daily and the level of activity warrants concern. Because of the level of activity, DWR is going to provide additional resources. Because bears cannot be relocated to a new home, all owners are encouraged to secure sources of food. For owners that rent their properties, it is critically important that you educate guests about ways to avoid Bears. Doors and windows left open that are accessible from the ground or a deck provide easy access for a bear. For additional information please visit: https://dwr.virginia.gov/wildlife/bear/living-with-black-bears/
Resort Operations – The Wintergreen Weekly is a great way to stay informed about resort offerings and plan onsite activities. It can be found here: https://www.wintergreenresort.com/uploadedFiles/Activities/twaw.pdf
Friends of Wintergreen is sponsoring a new service for property owners. Details can be found on the WPOA website under latest news or visit: www.favoriteplace.com
Swimming Pools – The Rodes Farm and Chestnut Springs Pools remain open until 6pm September 7th with restrictions in place that satisfy the Phase 3 requirements. Owners wanting to use these facilities are encouraged to read the pool operating plan posted on the WPOA website along with frequently asked questions (FAQ’s). Please visit: https://www.wtgpoa.org/2020-wpoa-pool-operating-plan-faqs-phase-3 to familiarize yourself with the process. A copy of the current pool rules can be found here: https://www.wtgpoa.org/wpoa-phase-3-pool-rules/
- We are limiting reservations to try and give everyone who is eligible to swim, a chance of getting some pool time. To make a reservation please stop by the pool or call. Chestnut Springs (434) 325-2200 ext 9303 or Rodes Farm (434) 818-0814.
- Full-time owners are encouraged to swim during the week and avoid the weekends when part-time owners are here.
- Owners must accompany guests. Unaccompanied guests are not permitted to use the pool.
- Failure to show up for your reserved pool session impacts others. Please contact the pool and cancel your reservation so we can try and accommodate another owner.
- Face coverings are required at both pools, when not actively swimming. Please maintain social distance and wear a mask as you enter and exit the pool area, at check in, using the rest rooms, etc.
The WPOA Pool Staff remain a critical component in our ability to operate pools going forward. Current restrictions make it unlawful to operate our pools without completing the onsite mandatory requirements. It is critical that we support their efforts and recognize the important role they play.